You’ve probably heard the phrase content is king, but what exactly does that mean? And what does it have to do with your agency’s real estate website?
When it comes to search engine optimisation (SEO), Google’s search algorithm has been so finely tuned since its inception in 1998 that it can now precisely evaluate a website the way a human would. At the top of the criteria is one simple question that Google wants to answer: how useful is this website in relation to what the user has search for?
“How useful is this website?” seems like a pretty simple question, but there is a lot more that Google wants to answer before it gets to a decision:
Does the website have any useful content to begin with?
If your website has no content, then Google won’t have a lot to work with when determining your ranking
Is the content readable, legible and useful to a human?
Content should read like a newspaper or magazine; it needs to be useful and insightful to the reader
Is the content relevant to the main topic of the website?
If you operate in real estate, then content should focus on real estate topics and themes
Has the content been copied or duplicated from another site?
If the content has been copied from another website, Google may penalise you for plagiarism
This essentially is where the phrase content is king comes in. By investing your time now and adding some useful content to your website you can make some pretty major – and very positive – leaps in your Google ranking score. It can literally be the king of your ranking.
Getting started with writing content is simple as soon as you have a list of topics to start from. So to help you out we have put together a list of the most common content we’ve recommended to our clients over the years. It ranges from the simple (and one could argue mandatory) content through to more in-depth content that will need a bit of love and care every couple of weeks.
- Tips when buying a property
- Understanding the buying process
- Where to start with a home loan
- Information for first home buyers
- Frequently asked buying questions
- Why sell with our agency
- Tips for selling your home
- How to sell your home for more
- Different ways to sell your home
- Frequently asked selling questions
- Tips when renting a property
- Renting your first home
- Utility connections
- Your states tenant laws and legislation
- Frequently asked renting questions
- Why trust our agency with your investment
- Why a property manager is important
- How to have your investments reviewed
- Depreciation and tax considerations
- Frequently asked investment questions
- Commercial services we offer
- Why sell your commercial property with our agency
- Why trust our agency with your commercial investment
- Types of commercial properties we deal with
- Frequently asked commercial questions
- A profile of each suburb you service
- What are the suburbs demographics
- Which schools, shops and doctors are nearby
- Which entertainment and fitness venues are nearby
- Why you should buy, rent or invest here
If you are looking to establish a strong online presence for your existing agency, or you are looking to start a new agency, it is essential to prepare and make sure you have as much content as possible from the day your website launches. If you need guidance and expert advice, talk to us at iDashSites, and we can help you get started.